Terms and Conditions
Cancellations and Refunds
Participants must confirm in writing if they no longer wish to attend. No refund will be given if the participant has not informed the organisers of the cancellation in writing prior to the event.
If a participant is unable to attend, a substitute may participate in their place providing this is done at least 72 hours before the event. This can be managed online in the participants mitingu account.
For changes after this time contact the organisers in writing and we will levy a £25 + VAT administration fee.
In the event of cancellation by the participant we will refund 50% of ticket value for cancellations received more than 30 days before the event but no refund will be given if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the event.
The organisers reserve the right to alter the event programme without notice and to cancel the event. If the event is cancelled due to force majeure, no refunds will be given. In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled for some other reasons, a full refund of participants’ conference fees will be given where possible. GoodFest will not be liable for any other costs borne by the participant in any case.
All participants at our events are required to agree to the code of conduct to help us achieve a safe and positive event experience for everyone (available at www.agileonthebeach.co.uk
These Terms and Conditions of booking and the cancellation and refunds policy (together, the “Conditions”) shall apply to an event organised and administered by Agile on the Beach (“we”, “our” or “us”) and made available to the participant (“you” or “your”).
1. Upon payment of the ticket, you shall be entitled to:
Participate fully in the event programme including evening social events (if any) for the day(s) you have booked. Participation in some elements of an event programme may be subject to session capacity
- Lunch on each day you are eligible to attend
- Tea / coffee and water throughout the day
- A delegate pack
2. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for arranging and paying for your own accommodation, travel and other expenses connected with attending an Event.
3. We need to hold information you provide to us for administrative and operational purposes. Summary information, which may include personal information such as contact details, will be provided by us to all session leaders. Personal information you provide may also be made available to organisations involved in administering, organising, sponsoring or supporting the Event and this may include organisations outside the European Community.
4. You hereby consent to the processing, disclosure and transfer of your personal information for the purposes described above.
5. We will only use your personal information after the event for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your consent by ticking the relevant box within the ‘Other Information’ section above. You can at any time withdraw this consent by emailing us at [email protected]
Warranties and Liability
6. Whilst we shall use reasonable skill and care with regards to organising and providing the event, we do not guarantee that you will receive any particular outcome or results in respect of your attendance at the event.
7. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you arising out of or in connection with these Conditions exceed the total amount payable by you to us in respect of the ticket fee. For the avoidance of doubt, our liability to you shall not extend to any indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by you.
8. Notwithstanding the above, we do not exclude or limit our liability for:
- personal injury (including sickness and death) to the extent that such injury results from the negligence or wilful default of us or our employees; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other liability to the extent the same cannot be excluded or limited by law.
9. We reserve the right to vary the event programme at any time.
10. Where a discounted ticket fee is claimed we reserve the right to confirm eligibility.
11. We are not responsible for the views or opinions expressed by tutorial or session leaders, sponsors, or other participants.
12. If performance of our obligations as set out in these Conditions shall be delayed by a Force Majeure Event, then we shall have the right to suspend without liability further performance of our obligations until such time as the cause of delay shall no longer be present.
13. For the purposes of these Conditions, a Force Majeure Event shall mean an event beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving a parties workforce or any other party), failure of a subcontractor to perform, failure of a utility service or transport network, power failure, telecommunication failure or internet failure, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, fire, flood, storm.